Hi Everyone,

Tyler was taken to Rutledge Towers at MUSC Hospital yesterday to see what to do about his leg. We were told to take him to x-ray about four hours after being at the doctor’s office. He has another fracture in his leg and the screw has worked its way partly out. We have to take him back on the 11th and 12th to see what they are going to do and when. They have him on strong pain medication and have sent papers to keep him home bound with school. He will have to have another surgery on his leg to fix the pin or take it out. He will have to have a cast and a new brace. We were told that his bones are so soft from the chemo and radiation that he could fractured it at any time anyway.

After four hours, there and half an hour in Dr. Gross’s office, with two babies screaming, we are off to oncology doctors for a checkup that was pretty quick. Then down to get blood work. Tyler cried all the way; he didn’t want to get stuck with that needle. I told him to be strong, that it had to be done. We have to make sure his cancer hasn’t come back. He looks at me and says, “Nanny, I will try for you, but it hurts so bad.” Made me want to cry. We ended up having to hold the poor child down, he was fighting so hard. This is what he will go through all his life. So then we got to start home. Got back here about 9:00 last night.

We want to thank Steven for sending us the $200 for gas and food. We appreciate you so much. Thank you for always being there for Tyler. You truly are one of Tyler’s angels, really don’t know what we would have done if you hadn’t sent gas money.

All of Tyler’s money is gone; used up on these trips and things he really needs. Thanks to the lady that put $10 in Tyler’s PayPal account. He has only $38 left in it. Pat for all her time and support by making TyTy all the movies to watch while he has to ride so much. Anyone that has helped in any way knows it is so much appreciated.

Tyler has an appointment with Dr. White at MUSC Hospital on May 12th. Tyler still has to have ear surgery in June. He cannot hear in one ear. That will most likely be a little while in the hospital. He has to have an appointment with Dr. O’Neal about his jaw. They will let us know when to come. On our way home Tyler said, “Nanny?” I ask what he wanted and he said, “I just wanted to tell you I love you.” That made everything I do worth every minute, every ride, all the long hours sitting with him.

I want to thank God for such a wonderful strong child and thank God I was chosen to love and care for him. I would do it all over and be right there to pray and hold his hand through it all.

One more thing, this wonderful lady her and her husband Charlie that try to help all the cancer kids: her name is Debbie “Flash” Stevenson. She’s the founder of Courageous Kids. http://courageouskidz.org/.

You can click on her link on Tyler’s page and get her phone number. She is wonderful and has helped with everything from food to gas to motels in the last four years. She would love to know about your child and if there’s any ways she can help. She loves these kids and it hurts her to know what they go through.

Thank you Flash, you are God sent!

Tyler Tucker Medical Fund Foundation:

Tyler’s PayPal Account for the Tyler Tucker Foundation:

All funds are used for traveling expenses, medical bills and therapy supplies for Tyler. Thank you. Please keep signing Tyler’s web page and storming heaven for him. We count each time guest book is signed as a prayer. It means a lot to Tyler’s family.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Log In

Write your comment within 199 characters.